MANDATED REPORTER TRAINING
Shasta CAPCC is Shasta County's primary provider of Mandated Reporter Training Programs for people who work with children and are therefore mandated to report suspected child abuse. Our organization has conducted training's for several years, providing training's for AmeriCorps members, YMCA, classified school staff, Home Visitors and Foster Grandparents. Training's have also been presented to teen parents and foster care programs. No class size is too small! On-line Mandated Reporter Training is also available at the Sacramento Child Abuse Prevention Coordinating Council.
Mandated Reporter Training Objectives:
- How the law defines child abuse and neglect.
- What is a Mandated Reporter? What is required of you as a Mandated Reporter?
- What protections the law provides for you a Mandated Reporter?
- How to identify signs of Child Abuse.
- Child Abuse & Neglect reporting procedures.
- What happens after a report is filed.
- Special Concerns.